Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 year ago

Is this CAPTCHA software really a good idea?

It just gave me a picture of a semi truck and told me it was a bus!

1 year ago

NO, because there is still spam on here and it aint necessary for every bleepin question or answer. How about only we log in, then maybe every 10th time?

• 1 year ago

Yes, those annoying CAPTCHAs are actually being used to help digitalise decades of old texts — books, magazines and newspapers — that scanning programs struggle to decipher.

The reason the words are blurry or warped isn’t to test your patience; these are taken from scanned texts, which are often mistranslated by auto-digitising programs — or optical character recognition (OCR) software if you wish to get technical. http://womensbeautyoffers.com/

1 year ago

Half the time you can't even see the pictures never mind figure out what they are. No wonder so many are leaving the site.

• .
    1 year ago

it's not a bad idea, but it's far from perfect in it's programming of images.

• Cory
    1 year ago

Yes it helps weed out the bots.

1 year ago

Yeah I approve of it. Sad we need it but it does help some.

• 1 year ago

No, not really.

1 year ago

A motorhome is also not a bus

• 1 year ago

Remember a year ago when Y/A was overrun with Chinese language spam posts? You seeing those anymore? That's what CAPTCHA is for.

• 1 year ago

I am getting a degree in identifying crosswalks, bridges, hills, buses, cars and bicycles.