Adam asked in TravelUnited StatesLas Vegas · 7 months ago

Flying out of Vegas at 1 AM tonight (Friday night). 4 hour layover. Hit the strip?

I am flying out of Vegas at 1:10 AM tonight (Friday night). I have a about a 4 hour layover. I'm only bringing a backpack. No other luggage.

A - Can I go back through security that late and is there any possibility that there could be a line LEAVING Vegas at midnight on a Friday night?

B - Is it realistic to hit up Tropicana (closest casino worth going to)?

I figure land a little before 9:30, get to Tropicana around 10, maybe 10:15 latest. That should give me about an hour and a half before I have to head back. Could I really possibly need more than an hour to get through security?

I'm with MS - earliest you'll probably leave the airport is closer to 10:15

As for needing only an hour to get thru Security - I wouldn't count on that, even at midnight

• MS

If you have a flight at 1am, then security will be open before that to accommodate those passengers; I know some of the checkpoints there are open 24 hours. You shouldn't have much trouble leaving the airport at that time, so you could probably get to one of the closer casinos and have a little bit of time to play with.

But I think if you land a little before 9:30, it might be closer to 10:15 or 10:30 before you actually get anywhere. It'll take your plane a while to get to the gate, then deplane, then for you to get out of the airport and into a taxi or Uber and to the casino.

You could. or you could use the slots in the airport

• Herfnerd

But them slots at LAS are TIGHT!

• It's a gamble. Go for it!