peter m asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 5 months ago

Rosanna Arquette "I'm sorry I was born white & privileged"? Good or bad philosophy?

Update:

…..

Update 2:

we are aren't we.....responsible for our beliefs (?)

Update 3:

Yet its o.k. to learn too (?)

Update 4:

anyone defendin her ???

33 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

People should not be sorry for those things they have no control over but they should be humble about their situation. If you are born privileged, that's of no fault to the person being born into the situation. The Kylie Jenner situation springs to mind. She was proclaimed a self-made billionaire inaccurately in my opinion. Did she have to work to get there? Yes. Did she deserve being called self-made? No. She clearly had significant advantages that others do not have. Does that make her a bad person? Absolutely not, she made the best out of a good situation.

• 5 months ago

I think so idk most likely probably yes I hope so

• Login to reply the answers
  • 5 months ago

Bad because theirs a lot rich black folk out there

• Joseph
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

I wish young people would learn to read between the lines. Every time a celebrity makes an outrageous statement, it's someone who's career needs a boost with free publicity. Coincidence? Not on your life.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

If that is how SHE feels, she has every right to feel that way. And it’s not for you or anyone else to tell her that she shouldn’t believe she’s privileged to be white. Of course, she is.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I feel the same way Why be upset?

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I am not sorry but I do feel blessed

• 5 months ago

Just another insane, crazy, hypocritical of the Hollywood far-left. Nobody should be proud or ashamed of their skin colour, they have no control over it and it means nothing.

• peter m
      Lv 6
      5 months agoReport

Means nothing to be black or Hispanic in modern U.S. ?

• 5 months ago

No need to apologize for really

• Megumi
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

She is insane. No one should be sorry for the way he or she is born. She is listening to absurd garbage.

• Rogan
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

Pis* poor really.

Does she not understand there are plenty of Black Privileged people and White Underprivileged people?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.