peter m asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 5 months ago

Rosanna Arquette "I'm sorry I was born white & privileged"? Good or bad philosophy?

…..

we are aren't we.....responsible for our beliefs (?)

Yet its o.k. to learn too (?)

anyone defendin her ???

Favorite Answer

People should not be sorry for those things they have no control over but they should be humble about their situation. If you are born privileged, that's of no fault to the person being born into the situation. The Kylie Jenner situation springs to mind. She was proclaimed a self-made billionaire inaccurately in my opinion. Did she have to work to get there? Yes. Did she deserve being called self-made? No. She clearly had significant advantages that others do not have. Does that make her a bad person? Absolutely not, she made the best out of a good situation.

I think so idk most likely probably yes I hope so

Bad because theirs a lot rich black folk out there

• Joseph

I wish young people would learn to read between the lines. Every time a celebrity makes an outrageous statement, it's someone who's career needs a boost with free publicity. Coincidence? Not on your life.

If that is how SHE feels, she has every right to feel that way. And it’s not for you or anyone else to tell her that she shouldn’t believe she’s privileged to be white. Of course, she is.

I feel the same way Why be upset?

I am not sorry but I do feel blessed

Just another insane, crazy, hypocritical of the Hollywood far-left. Nobody should be proud or ashamed of their skin colour, they have no control over it and it means nothing.

• peter m

Means nothing to be black or Hispanic in modern U.S. ?

No need to apologize for really

• Megumi

She is insane. No one should be sorry for the way he or she is born. She is listening to absurd garbage.

• Rogan

Pis* poor really.

Does she not understand there are plenty of Black Privileged people and White Underprivileged people?