Fed up of my job?

I know I should just leave if I don’t like my job but I feel is it normal to be frustrated with your job everyday? I am qualified as a paralegal, I’ve been working my *** off every day and doing work independently, I even come to work when I’m ill cause he wants me to, I haven’t taken a holiday as I feel bad. The secretary who is his wife only comes in half a day for a couple of hours and I do her job and it stops me from doing mine. I just sit around half a day doing nothing and I can’t do my work. I’m underpaid and I work only minimum wage as a paralegal!! I’ve spoken to him and he said he’ll give me an appraisal but he hasn’t had time to. He should know my work. I asked him and he said not right now. I’ve been working here for 3 years with no reward or credit. I don’t feel I should’ve even ask for a raise in the first place. They’re all family and I feel I’m not a priority. The secretary gets paid more than me and she’s only in half day, I know it’s his wife but that’s a joke. What can I do? :(

• Maxi
    Favorite Answer

Start looking for a new job and applying for some, go to interviews and when you get an offer accept it and give your notice to leave

Find another job. Don't even hint that you're looking until you have a firm start date for the new job.

Look for another job. When you have secured a new job, tell the old guy that you are turning in a resignation.

• GEEGEE

Many people are fed up with their jobs but you certainly have good reason to be. I'd put together my resume and start looking immediately. Family situations with spouses working in an office almost always create animosity so avoid that if you can next go round.

• Eva

If after 3 yrs. you're still making minimum wage, you need to look for a new job. Why can't you do your work if you're just sitting around half the day? It doesn't sound like the secretary position is very important or has much real work to do.

• Judy

find another job, then quit

• DEBS

What can you do? Stop complaining and take the obvious steps to take control of your life. Get you resume out there and get another job. It's obvious you aren't respected as an employee or a person. You owe them nothing.

Lots of people dislike their jobs. And most post here about it. SMH

I did not work my butt off starting at 13 because I thought jobs were fun.

• ?

Nobody likes their job. If you can find something better, take it, but be resigned to the fact that there arent any "good" jobs. You can enjoy what you do, get paid well for what you do, or do something easy. These days youre lucky if you can find a job that offers you one of those options, you'll never get one that gives you 2 out of 3.

• Ludwig

Oh yes there are 'good jobs'. I have had several.

• Ludwig

Sort out an immediate 'Start now' part time job sometime this morning, and quit this afternoon. You already know the answer to this one, you are not going to want to sit back and to another ten years of this or more are you , waiting for some sort of miracle?