iz asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 1 year ago

I think i actually am not able to drive and i don’t know what’s wrong with me. Any advice ?

I recently turned 16 and got my permit (late i know) and i have only been driving in parking lots. the last time i went driving i almost cried bc i was so anxious and scared. i’m usually not like this with anything and i don’t know what’s wrong with me. i really want to drive and be comfortable with it but it’s just too scary to me. i was in an “accident” but it was years ago and it was on an indoor driving course but i guess it’s left it’s mark on me.

Rather you be scared and ALIVE THAN over confident and dead. Or cocky and disfigured& crippled for LIFE.

Pretty sure you prefer that too.

You know and admit that. That is half the battle. Not cocksure of yourself is always HEALTHY. You know what the reality is.

16 is the STANDARD AGE when one can apply for a Driver's License.(not 15 because that age lacks maturity).

Not all people drive otherwise there would be no need for TAXI's or buses...or subways...or helicopters. (Obviously Trump cannot drive).

He would have to follow RULES & REGULATIONS otherwise he is dead meat.

Car driving is like Dancing. Some can dance and others are not able to.

Wait longer, perhaps 18, perhaps 21, perhaps 44, perhaps NEVER.

Having a car is an Expense. The car depreciates in value after you buy it and every year after it gets worth Less & less. So it is an investment you are guaranteed to Lose on.(no successful investor buys a losing investment)

//next, car insurance every year and that will be over $1000/year

//fuel, be it gasoline, diesel, or battery...or other. Most use gasoline and filling up the tank once a week is not uncommon. or $80x52=$4000+yr (and gas prices are going up steadily)

///car maintenance on stuff that wears out like tires say $550 to purchase and mount and balance(which may be good for 2 years) then they are worn out.(so $275/yr)

////Add to that regular maintenance(oil & filter changes, tuneups, and miscellaneous that may appear every few years but I will divide it into money you will need in 3 or 5 or7 years just a general you saving $300/yr for when they do fail or wear out (and they do on all cars)

>>This is not allowing you to purchase seat covers, or air fresheners or sticker to stick on the car.

Bare necessities. Adding that up & a car costs $5575...we will round that UP to $6000/yr you should earn just to maintain the car. That is provided gas prices do not increase(which they will which also increases the cost of oil changes, tires,increasing the cost of auto parts.

Add to the $6000 the amount you are losing on your investment every year...then you are losing $10K every year.

So every year you don't drive is essentially saving you $10K in additional costs.

I do not include hospital stay costs or doctor cost when you do crash.

Waiting until you are actually ready CAN NOT hurt you.

• Scott
    1 year ago

Driving isn't for everybody. There's no reason to be scared.

• 1 year ago

Well, it's kind of natural to be nervous doing something you don't really know how to do yet. Who's instructing you? Maybe they don't know how to properly explain how to drive. Even people who can drive perfectly themselves--and not everyone can--don't know how to teach a beginner.

I'd suggest getting professional instruction if you aren't doing that now.

• 1 year ago

Maybe you should look for a hypnotist who does therapeutic work.

• 1 year ago

youre probably just not used to driving