Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 3 months ago

Can I smoke out groundhogs?

okay so first of all I do live in a state where marijuana is legal. and basically I have a groundhog problem but I don’t want to hurt the little guys, and I was wondering if they could get high? because if so I could just find a hole and smoke them out, then get them out and take them somewhere else. I just want to know if this is possible. thanks!

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GUQKPBM/ref=sspa_dk_d... to cut & [aste smoke bombs off amazon,,home depot sells them 4-6 in a pack,you light the fuse,( red or green color),,before which you seal other holes in their condo complex,drop a couple down,the burn up oxygen ,lil fellas then do the chicken, also you can drop one in each hole quick dump dirt inside to lock them in any dry brush close by will catch fire,be careful of that,,the house or animal house too

• 3 months ago

Why waste the weed? Just go get some live traps and capture them for relocation.

• 3 months ago

Shot gun shells are cheaper

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

You can try that but likely they are burrowed deep within the ground and likely would suffocate or go out a back door exit that you aren't aware of

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

will not work well. try this instead: wrap some moth balls in chicken wire or old window screen. Make balls small enough to go into their access hole. Drop two of these in the hole and cover with dirt. the groundhogs will likely be driven out the other end [they have two or three holes all accessing the same underground warren] and away to somewhere they can dig a new warren. Repeat this as necessary with new warren or another hole in the ground.

Alternatively, get a reasonable size dog ... the varmints will want to get away from the dog

Source(s): grampa
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

You are talking a BALE of weed. That is pretty pricey for a couple of dirt rats. That is why they have gopher traps, so you can toke in peace and get drunk and check it in a week. There is also gopher snakes and you can let them go into the hole and well that is nature.

• 3 months ago

Sure, smoke a few blunts with your new groundhog friends. Then find a designated driver, and you could all go out for nachos and wings.

• Mr. P
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Just leave some food outside of the holes after you smoke them out - they'll get the munchies.

• 3 months ago

How do you plan on getting them out of their hole if they’re high. They would be too zoned out to move anywhere.

• 3 months ago

not sure but I mean if dogs and cats can get high I don't see why a groundhog cow horse ect would not be able to get high too lol try it and let me know how it goes plz

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.