Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Local BusinessesUnited StatesAtlanta · 8 months ago

can I still upgrade my Windows 7 computer to Windows 10 for free?

Let's say I have a Windows 7 computer with lots of stuff but I want to put Windows 10 on it and not lose it can I get Windows 10 for free? Or do I have to pay for it

• Dick
    Favorite Answer
    • Lv 7

Very good sir I'm glad that you found the link that's what I wanted to alert people to you can still get your Windows 7 upgrade for free using the method that you have outlined

So you're a Level 7 user on yahoo answers, yet too lazy to look up the process? 

you are update your windows7......

• Dave

Reported for SPAM. What kind of loser posts a stupid question, then answers their own question to advertise a business?

• Bill-M

I just installed Windows 10 on a new build and I used an Old Windows 7 Product Key and Windows 10 Activated. So if you have your Windows 7 Product Key - Do a Clean Install of Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. I recommend you Remove the Windows 7 hard drive and purchase a new SSD and do the Clean Install on the SSD. Then you can use the Windows 7 Hard Drive as a secondary (D:) Drive and still access your documents/pictures.

• Lv 7

Yes sir that that's it will also work

• David

Although the offical period for upgrading ended you can still download windows 10 media creation tool, and upgrade your windows 7 PC that way as long as you have a valid windows 7 licence

• Lv 7

You are correct David thumbs up for you

You can upgrade to Windows 10 if you have an official and valid copy of Windows 7 or 8

https://www.howtogeek.com/272201/all-the-ways-you-...

maybe, some folks SAY you can still get it free

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d...

BUT

they might be "honey traps" http://techgenix.com/free-windows-10-upgrade/

• Lv 7

You can download the Windows 10 media installation tool if you have Windows 7 which is already activated the Windows 10 media installation tool will upgrade you absolutely free

No, that ship has sailed. If you want Windows 10, you will need to purchase it, sorry

• Lv 7

Hey Richard you can clean your computer of all viruses and malware download the Windows 10 media installation tool off of Microsoft and run it it will upgrade your computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 absolutely free

• .

Windows 10’s free upgrade offer is over, according to Microsoft. But there other ways you can still upgrade to Windows 10 for free and get a legitimate license.