Where can I buy very cheap tools online?

Favorite Answer

"Very cheap tools" are worthless because they are made of inferior metals and will not stand up to the test of time and you will end up replacing them because they will break. You will be in the middle of a job when the tool does break and then you will have to take the time to go out and buy a new tool, wasting precious time and valuable money. Trust me, I made that mistake.

Buy one good tool at a time. House your tools together in a tool box and never leave them outside. If you buy a good tool, it will last longer than you can imagine. Also, mark your tools. I mark my tools with pink nail polish. Trust me, no man is going to walk away with a tool that has been decorated in pink!! LOL. True that.

But, if you insist on cheap tools, see if Harbor Freight has an on-line store.

Just go to Harbor Freight.

• y

Cheap tools? Good luck, they are not cheap, and when you do find the cheaper ones out there, you get what you pay for.

• John P

In places where you cannot send them back if they break after the first use.

internet search. many can be ordered direct from China. Else, the usual US sources are Harbor Freight and Northern Tools

• Avoid cheep tools, You usually get what you pay for. Cheep tools are dangerous.

Harbor freight is your best bet

• elhigh

Just so you know, cheap is probably the worst thing you can do. You probably need to get some work done and need to tool up in a hurry and I understand your budget is probably limited - so is mine. But cheap tools are a poor investment.

Get the basics (hammer, pliers, hand saw, measuring tape) in a known brand that has lots of recognition, like Stanley. Stanley has products in each of those categories and even their lowest-tier offerings are sturdy and reliable. They won't be as cheap as the cheapest things from Harbor Freight, but they won't break your bank and you can get started on getting stuff done immediately.

For more esoteric stuff try Harbor Freight. If you know what you're about you can get decent equipment at a low price, especially if you overbuy for what you're doing. For instance, a 13-pc set of 1/2" drive impact sockets at HF is $25; a regular set of 1/2" sockets at Home Depot is $31 - and only 11 pieces. HF's brand of impact sockets aren't as good as even Home Depot's brand of impact sockets, but they're way stronger than HD's regular sockets. You won't be able to break them in regular use. So try HF and buy the heavier-duty stuff there for your regular-duty use.

Except for Harbor Freight cordless tools. Just don't. Go to Home Depot, get Makita cordless tools. You won't be sorry.

Just Google what you want. Bear in mind that cheap tools rarely last long and can make the job harder. After many years I bought a DeWalt 18 volt cordless drill. Not cheap but I wouldn't be without it now.

Amazon ? Walmart ? Home Depot

• Dze

ebay .. the only issue with buying cheap tools is they may be too cheap to actually be worth a dam lol ...some of them are great bargains though, i picked up a set of 6 mini pliers of different sorts for 20 bucks and they turned out to be jam up quality .. its hit or miss .. i suggest looking at reviews like on amazon before you pull the trigger on things ..