Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 10 months ago

What would you do if you find that your 15 year old son has been reading manosphere and white supremacist material for quite some time?

• Bill
    Favorite Answer

Nothing. Tell me though, what would you do if you found out your daughter has been reading feminist material?

• edward

Cry. I’m not fully white, he’s not fully white, my mom isn’t white, my dad and my wife...that side of the family are the only white people in the family, he spends most of his life with my mom, he’s almost 1

That's awful. I don't know what you can do but have long talks with him and use "I" statements rather than "you" statements to try and make him not get mad.

Tell him that your grandfather was half black, and that makes HIM black.

take him to a museum that features civil rights and slavery exhibits showing those atrocities and struggles. emmett till.

• Elana

Extremism is extremism. What would I do if he thought that men should be exterminated?

I would make him defend his position and then completely refute it. Who knows, maybe he could convince me, but I highly doubt it. I believe in sources, not screaming pundits. And I have a lot more world perspective on this.

Beware: As a parent, you are going to have to deal with your children not always agreeing with you. And sooner or later, they're going to be more likely to be right than you are.

• MISOA10 months agoReport

MISOA....appreciates an ex Mentor ....<3

i would just have a heart to heart with him maybe he is acting out as he wishes attention thanks Ian.

"What would you do if you find that your 15 year old son has been reading manosphere and white supremacist material for quite some time?"

The same thing if I caught him reading feminists and Black Supremacist material, or any of the other extreme Leftist stuff that's commonly out there right now. I would simply inform him that he's dabbling in --ideology--, so to be careful about what he takes as truth in any of that. Then let him figure it out for himself.

I don't know what defines as "manosphere", but I do know that even the slightest disagreement with Leftist sjw's will bring charges of "white supremacist" lickety-split! They have totally de-legitimized themselves at this point. Is anybody paying attention to their -foaming at the mouth- of "racist", "bigot", "sexist", "fascist", "nazi" ??? I sure aint' !!

Reality Check: Under today's Leftist ethos, Martin Luther King would be considered a right-wing racist for not going along with the present cultural M@rxist dynamic of defining racial groups and speaking down about Whites, while demanding privileges for others. His dream specifically looked to NOT judge by race. This is the EXACT OPPOSITE of what sjw's, Leftists, feminists and all identity-politic followers do today

.

• John

Only error in your comment was the now-a-days thing. I was born in the sixties and it has been the same sixties seventies eighties ninites two thousands twenty ten. America from what I read developed bigotry and hated towards late e1800s. It's way comic books and the fantasy was written.

Try to have a heart to heart I guess. Maybe therapy would help? (family or by himself). Don't ignore it that's a big red flag.

• TheBellJar

It would depend on the feminist material. Ordinary non extrimist material is just about women having equal rights and treatment.

My son isn't a social outcast with a below average IQ so he wouldn't do that.