Is an unwanted lapdance sexual harassment/assault?

Me and my best friend were waiting outside a classroom to go into r next lesson after lunch but we were early and no one else was there. She started to give me a lapdance that I rlly didn’t want (it made me rlly uncomfortable because I’m straight (she is too) (we’re both girls) and I wouldn’t want to do anything like that with boys yet let alone girls) then she told me I had to return the favour and give her one. I really didn’t want too and luckily someone cane round the corner just after she said it. As we were going into class she made me promise not to tell anyone else about it and I agreed that I wouldn’t. It happened a while ago but I think about it every now and then and I still feel afraid and uncomfortable whenever I think about it. But I don’t want to say anything because she’s my best friend and I rlly do my want to spoil the friendship. I just wanted to know if I was overreacting to this or not?

Sorry it’s long.

1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

I guess you could say that. It must have been unnerving for you...it' really wasn't the time or place for something like that.

• ron h
    1 year ago

You could look at it as either one, but you should not. Do NOT make yourself a victim here. You WERE really surprised. If the subject comes up with her, tell her that you were REALLY uncomfortable with that and that you don't ever want to do that again. If you can stay friends, do that, but if not, just spend less time with her. I don't think you should tell ANYONE about this incident because if you do, people will want to get involved in it and punish your friend. The punishment will change here life--please don't do that to her.

1 year ago

No. But you bi not straight. You'll find straights really don't like same-sex touching in any sexual manner whatsoever.

It is simply not acceptable whatever the reacyclon.

A simple manner to treat your friend right if she does it again. Grab her fingers and bend them til she is on the ground then make her promise not to mess around.

A little pain never hurt anyone. Then your straight.

• Swampy
    1 year ago

Yes 100% sexual harassment. And since she was touching you it classifies as assault. You need to report this to the police immediately.

1 year ago

Harassment is when you approach the person with negative intentions.

A person catches your eye and in that moment you feel an automatic right to be given attention by the other person too.

Lewd comments, inappropriate touching, back-handed compliments, cat-calling, suggestive shout-outs on the street are the weapons of harassment.

• 1 year ago

imho she maybe fancies you , so you should put her straight and make sure she gets the message that your are straight and don't want to go there and if she is not happy with that , then you may need too find new friends as she may want other things thanks ian

• 1 year ago

No, it's not assault, but it's harassment if you told her to stop and she didn't, or if she keeps doing it. Otherwise it's just a poor decision by a friend and you're overreacting a bit.

• g
    1 year ago

A best friend would understand that no means no and would respect your decision.