I broke a bowl and I need to find a dupe to replace it before anyone figures it out?

I was making food and knocked off one of the bowls into the sink and it got quite a deep chip. It was my grandma s bowl and I really don t want to make her sad so I ve been scouting all the sites to find a yellow nesting bowl that d look close enough for her to not know. Haven t found anything and I m starting to lose my mind so I wanna know if there s like a site for custom ceramics or something for these types of situations. thanks

Here are pictures and measurements of the said bowl, it's hard to see but from the chip, there's a crack all the way to the centre of the bowl and it's gone through it as well.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cdi-zglOoaoaop...

Found a dupe, thanks for the help.

U can't fix that🤣

Just tell her and get it over with. I would be more disappointed that a grandchild had to be deceptive instead of just saying sorry.

• drip

She could of had this bowl for years. And chances are it is no longer made or available. Replacement.com isn’t going to able to help you .

This is a cheap bowl with no mariners as to who made it.

If your grandmother is this unreasonable and harsh (reading your comments) then just let her scream and yell. Apologize, offer to buy a new set and be done with it.

• Dan3 months agoReport

I'm aware, I found a set that looks similar enough that she might not even notice but I made this post anyways so that in case I break something that actually is from an expensive set, I'll know where to look for dupes :)

I have used the Replacements.com website whenever I need to match tableware. You can browse through their photos to identify your piece, or use their "Identity" function where you upload a photo of the item and they will match it for you. Click on the link below for help.

• Speed

That's not fine china or anything but a mass manufactured bowl, the sort of thing readily available at Target and similar stores.

Since I doubt you'll be able to replace it exactly, how about you buy her a couple of new bowls that are something like it? Tell her you're sorry about the chip, which is, of course, an accident, and you hope these will be good replacements.

I did a fast search for "yellow bowl ceramic" and got decent hits at Amazon, Wayfair, and Overstock. I bet you can find something adequate.

• NONAME

you are over reacting...she wont care

• Dan4 months agoReport

you're talking about the same woman that threatened to disown me because my writing was slightly too tilted to the right when I was 6

OK, you posted a pic, but it's practically useless for identification purposes. I need to see the side view and a view of the bottom close-up to see if I can identify the maker. Post more pics. If I can identify it, we can find a replacement.

My bad: OK, I looked further. The sides of the bowl have no distinctive impressions. Are there any markings at all on the bottom of the bowl? I can't see any from the pic Also, you say it's a nested set. So, what color are the other bowls?

Well, without markings or distinctive identification, I'm at a loss to help any further, sorry.

But they don't appear to have a lot of age (vintage or antique), so I'm going to agree with the other posters and say that most grandmas wouldn't care much about the loss.

I think if you apologize and offer to buy a new set of salad bowls, she'll be satisfied with your efforts. You could ask where she bought them, or offer to take her shopping for new bowls. Good luck, anyway.

• Dan4 months agoReport

Yea I figured as much, but still, I'm very thankful for the help with at least identification of how old they could be, I checked a few sites that could have at least similar shape/colour if not measurements and I hope she won't massacre the whole family

Yep — Replacements.com.

You need to go to Portobello market for old stuff

Post a pic, maybe we can help you find it.

• Dan4 months agoReport

I made a google doc with the pictures, thank you for helping.