Question about sprained ankle?

About 2 and a half weeks ago, I sprained my ankle playing beach volleyball. I didn’t even realize it at first because when I fell it was mostly on my knee. After a few minutes, my knee stopped hurting so I got back up and started playing again. About 5 hours later my ankle started hurting and became swollen, so I... show more About 2 and a half weeks ago, I sprained my ankle playing beach volleyball. I didn’t even realize it at first because when I fell it was mostly on my knee. After a few minutes, my knee stopped hurting so I got back up and started playing again. About 5 hours later my ankle started hurting and became swollen, so I went to urgent care. They said it was just a sprain and took Xrays as well, and no fracture or break was shown. They said if it doesn’t start feeling better in a week, to come back and they’d do an MRI. I kept my ankle wrapped for 2 weeks in an Ace bandage, and iced and elevated it at night. I had very minimal pain this whole time, and the swelling has gone down, but it’s still a bit swollen. No pain though. I also sometimes feel like I have a tingly feeling in my foot and ankle, kind of like how it feels when your leg falls asleep. I was wondering what’s causing this. Is it a pinched nerve? Or maybe the swelling is from there being fluid in my ankle? I know sprains can take awhile to heal, but is there anything I can do to make it heal quicker? Thank you!
2 answers 2