Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 months ago

Do you believe the True Cross of Jesus was found? It is pretty fascinating history?

It is actually pretty documented

“Christians has begun to visit Calvary in 1st and 2nd century to pray at place where Jesus was crucified. After the 2nd temple was destroyed in 70 A.D. to quell the spread of Christians the the emperor Hadrian had a temple to Venus built on spot where Jesus was crucified to prevent Christian visitors from going to the location

It remained that way until the 300’s when the first Christian Roman emperor Constantine came to power. During his reign one of his main objectives was to reclaim Christian holy sites. Constantine’s mother Helena ordered the temple to Venus be torn down and excavations be done at the site, which once again exposed the site where Christ was crucified. After digging a few feet beneath the ground workers found three wooded crosses”

So you have continuous history of the location being marked until cross was found

https://www.catholiceducation.org/en/culture/catho...

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I prayed with the one at a village in Pecos de Europa, Northern Spain.

It's an eerie feeling same when hearing mass at Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela. Spain.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 5 months ago

There is no way to say that the cross is that of Yeshua as many people were crucified at that time. Who is to say it did not belong to one of the thieves next to Yeshua on the cross or the last people who were crucified. That is absolute nonsense.

• 5 months ago

According to ancient history Jesus did not die on a cross. According to the customs then. Jesus was put to death as a criminal on an upright stake. Cording to Jewish law, those guilty of crimes as blasphemy or isolatrywere hung on stakes or trees. Matthew chapter 27 verse 34 states:"When they had nailed him to the stake, they distributed his outer garments by casting lots,"

• 5 months ago

Most of the crosses were reused. I doubt the real one was ever found.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

I do not believe that story!

There are a lot of stories out there that would be nice if they were true, but they aren't.

The three crosses surviving till the burning of Jerusalem is stretching it. For them to have escaped being used as fire wood during the siege or for the construction of siege engines is also difficult to believe.

My faith is not based on having artifacts to support Christianity because the words of Jesus do bring peace, just as he promised. If the teachings of Jesus did not bring the promised results then even having the cross he was crucified on would not be enough for me to believe.

• David
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Like most relics, Saint Helena's "discovery" doesn't meet the scientific tests. i.e., it's not Jesus cross.

• Jake
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

A person can know many truths by reciting the rosary each day with care.

• 5 months ago

No. I don't.

Even if it carbon dates correctly, it could have been one of thousands of crosses used by the Romans. We don't even have the original manuscripts of Paul's letter. The early Christians were to busy trying to avoid being used by the Romans as street lights, to be preserving artifacts.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yeah, Helena also founded the town of Nazareth because it was bad for the religion to have Jesus come from a non-existent town.

• 5 months ago

Him very bad true cross, me very good true cross. You wanna buy true cross, a carpet, genuine fake watch?

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

“Atheists believe it is impossible, but with God all things are possible” Matthew 19:26

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.