promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Does HDMI ARC allow me to turn on my soundbar without using the remote (ex: turning on tv with ps4 controller)?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

The Audio Return Channel (Circuit) has no special function in regard to a 12 volt on switch being available on the soundbar. it either has such a circuit or doesn't, far as I know. There would be no reason to kick on your TV to play a sound file, for instance, so its unlikely a game console or soundbar would include an auto on circuit for the TV, even if the TV had such a capability. In reverse, most consumers would find it annoying to have the game console fire up every time the TV was switched on, so It is doubtful the manufacturer would waste money to include such a function. An auto on switching feature (CEC) would make more sense on a soundbar to turn the bar on when the TV is turned on. If yours does not seem to,read your manual carefully.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

hdmi arc is only audio return channel. the feature your looking for is called cec. im pretty sure you cant turn on the tv using the ps4 controlle though.

• opurt
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Yes, generally speaking when you're using ARC the TV will turn on the soundbar when the ARC connection is started.

• 10 months ago

ARC is audio return channel.

ur tv sends audio back through the HDMI arc to ur soundbar or sound system.

u connect the hdmi out arc of ur sound bar to ur tv's hdmi input.

if ur tv's hdmi input have arc support, u can connect hdmi arc to output of ur soundbar and input or ur tv.

u can't use ur PS4 to turn on TV or soundbar.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.