There's a dad's friend whom I deeply hate 'cause he pushed him to divorce my mom, I wish he dies soon and painfully, is that hatred healthy?

I'm 17 yo male

thanks all from america

Favorite Answer

No but your instinct to at least try to preserve family is admirable. Make sure you remember that when it's your turn not to divorce someone.

Focusing on hate wastes your precious energy and you need every bit of it as a teen directed onto other things like enjoying being a teen, growing up and finding a job. Let the hatred go now you've set it free into the world on here.

• RP

Hatred of any sort is never healthy. It tends to come back on the hater and diminishes her or him, as well as debilitates and deteriorates.

• VAA

He "pushed" him? Just how hard did he have to push? There was obviously a problem between your parents to begin with. I am sorry there is divorce in your family, it can be so painful. Give your mom the emotional support she needs now instead of wasting your feelings on hate. Good luck to you.