Confused between Chevy Tahoe 4.8 & GMC Yukon 5.3 2004-06 ?

I'm thinking of buying a new family car and I'm interested in Tahoe or Yukon 2004-06. After searching the difference between these two, I'm completely confused. What i know is that Chevy has Tahoe & suburban and both came with 4.8 V8 while GMC has Yukon & Yukon XL and both came with 5.3 V8. But some people on online communities are stating that 4x4 Tahoe, Suburban and Z71 (special trim) came with 5.3 and some said Chevy only came with 4.8 no matter whatbl trim level is. Now please help me understand what's wrong and what's right. I'm personally more interested in Chevy 4.8 but really is there 5.3 Chevy Subraban or Tahoe as well ?

• JetDoc
    1 year ago

Chevy Tahoe and GMC Yukon are exactly the SAME TRUCK! The ONLY difference is interior trim and the name plate on the front of the vehicle. They were BOTH available with either engine.

• Ron
    1 year ago

You are confused. With the exception of badges and trim pieces they are the exact same vehicle. All of them came with the option of the 5.3