Is it faster to get tourist visas for different countries if you have a US green card or US citizenship?

I have an Indian passport and I’m a US green card holder. Will it be fast for me to get tourist visas for countries to travel in?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Maybe not faster, but you being a US Permanent Resident makes it MUCH more likely your visa application(s) will be approved. That means you need to ensure you include the information you are a US PR on any visa applications

US citizens do not need a visa to visit most of the countries in the world as a tourist, and the chances of a visa application being approved by the countries that do require them are high.

• Login to reply the answers
  • RICK
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Some countries yes others no for a green card

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

US citizens have lower fraud and overstay rates than Indians so if you actually hold a US passport it would probably be easier. Having a green card itself wouldn't be so impactful other than that if you were able to qualify for US PR status it means you likely can prove sufficient ties to the US to not represent an overstay risk.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No, if a visa is required then it is th same for any citizen of whatever country............ however there are several countries including India where there is lots of visa fraud, so any country recieving an application from those high visa fraud countries will investigate it far deeper than they would for someone applying from the UK or USA

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

As an Indian citizen, you are subject to visa requirements for Indian citizens, not those for US citizens. Considering the poor reputation & records of so many Indians for visa fraud, visa overstay, & other violations, in general, it is tougher for Indians to get visas most places than for Americans, since Americans, on the whole, are a lot more law-abiding than most Indians. The records speak for themselves.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.