Master asked in TravelAsia PacificChina · 1 year ago

Is China a safe country for U.S. citizens to visit as long as you don't break any of the laws?

For someone to teach English in China and to see the Great Wall in Beijing and look around tourist areas. As long as I don't say anything to criticize the Chinese government, don't bring drugs into the country, avoid any political demonstrations and groups, don't steal anything and have a lot of money should I have nothing to worry about?.

• ?
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

We've had 30-40 students go to China to teach English. None of them had any safety issues. One got drunk at the Hard Rock Cafe, jumped off a table and broke his arm. He got great medical care. The people at the schools took very good care of the teachers. The traffic is crazy- that's the biggest safety concern.

• james
    1 year ago

China is safe in most all areas for tourist. But the people have changed towards Americans. This is do to the trade war. They are much more standoffish, less likely to speak to you or want to be seen with you right now. & yes don't break any laws there. I was around a lot of Chines in Cambodia a few months ago. they try to avoid Americans right now don't want to be to near or seen talking to long to Americans. But you are safe around them.

• 1 year ago

China is safe in many areas but I wouldn't go anywhere at night where there were no street lights.

• martin
    1 year ago

China always has welcomed tourists. You should join a tour group through one of the tourist agencies there.

• 1 year ago

You went on Indeed, didn't you? They sent you a text or e-mail about teaching English in China, didn't they?