Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesNew York City · 11 months ago

American manners are so fake, how to adjust?

I mean when people smile, it is really forced and it doesnt match the rest of their facial expression. Or they greet me but their tone of voice is contradictory. I notice these things especially in stores. It is almost a giveaway that they are fake. Why are American manners so poor?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago

There's a difference between 'reserved' and 'fake'. When you are greeting someone that you don't know well, it is customary to smile politely and greet them...but it's considered awkward to give an over-enthusiastic greeting to someone you don't know well. Such as...to someone you've just met in a store. So a polite nod and a smile with a hello is sufficient.

Once you know someone better and establish a friendly connection, you may notice that greetings seem much more genuine. For instance, the person you meet in the store is now known to you as a classmate you like or your neighbor. Now, the two people may smile at each other in greeting and stop and chat for a bit. They may give each other a handshake or a wave. Closer friends, confidants, neighbors and relatives might hug, or greet with other friendly demonstrations of affection like high fives, pats on the back, fist bumps or whatever suits their moods.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 11 months ago

Truthfully I am an American and understand what you are saying so others understand as well that come across your question

• 11 months ago

If someone likes you, the smile is real. A fake smile is better than no smile, though.

• 11 months ago

You must be french, right? Yea, I've been to paris- what a !@#$%hole! Rest of cuntry wasn't much better.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 11 months ago

You've been fooled.

We are cybernetic organisms created during a government experiment 25 years ago.

We umm..disposed of the Americans, took over the government, and have been cranking out cyber babies ever since in their labs.

• Not Applicable
      Lv 6
      11 months agoReport

The sex part looked interesting however, perhaps we could bring that back. Just sayin'.

• 11 months ago

It's either that, or no acknowledgement at all. Which would you prefer? There are some Americans which have a naturally warm disposition towards people they don't know intimately. I'm not one of them. It is a little forced. If you're the opposite, good for you.

• Unseen
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

Nothing you say has anything to do with Americans it's is all you. So they are different from where you come from so what that doesn't mean their manners are poor.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

TRUMPISM.........................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.