Where else is there backcountry camping close to Yellowstone that allows dogs?

While doing some research on Yellowstone, I found out that dogs aren't allowed in backcountry campsites or trails because their scent attracts bears? I don't have some little snack of a dog, I have a German Shepherd yearling. And if I'm worried about bears, mainly grizzlies, I'd rather have him with me. Is there anywhere close to Yellowstone I could go backpacking with him without this no dogs rule? I'd like it to be within hiking distance of the park

• TB12

What part of "attracts bears" do you not understand,,, if you're worried about bears and you care at all about your dog you'll leave it at home. Bears aren't the only things dogs attract,, they also attract wolves and mountain lions, both of which reside in Yellowstone,, your German Shepard is no match for any of them.

Check out state parks and national forests. Even then, you need to keep the dog on a leash.

Bevis's Campground on US 421 just East of Yellowstone.

A bear doesn't know the difference between the set of a Yorkie and the scent of 150 lb Rottweiler. If you take a dog with you you're taking bait! To get yourself attacked. Make sure if you're going into Bear country that you have a couple of cans bear spray and a good solid automatic 45