Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 months ago

Agree or Disagree. The 2 shootings in Ohio & Texas would not have happened if the law enforcement would be much more strict & prosecute?

people for smaller crimes also.

because these shooters did many smaller crimes that law enforcement didn't care about.

If these shooters would have been prosecuted for their minor crimes they wouldn't have done the serious crime of murder

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Most people who commit smaller crimes dont then later go on mass murder spree.

You will end up with a lot of people locked up for a long time because we're scared they MIGHT one day kill a bunch of people.

You see how fear makes people stupid?

• Login to reply the answers
  • Jeff D
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

I doubt it. I don't know the criminal background of the two most recent mass shooters, but in general, most mass shooters don't have much of a criminal record. They typically acquire their guns legally and pass the necessary background checks (which would bar them from purchasing a firearm if they had a felony conviction). They may have had minor run-ins with the police in the past, but that's true of a lot of people who don't go on to become mass shooters.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

"If these shooters would have been prosecuted for their minor crimes they wouldn't have done the serious crime of murder" I do not understand this logic. These shooters knew that their actions would result in their death (either immediately or through the criminal justice system). Death was not a deterrent. What makes you think fines, jail or community service would be a deterrent?

• 7 months ago

Agree. I can't guarantee it in these specific cases of course, but most likely.

Same with the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting, almost certainly.

Of course, some mass shooters have no history of crime at all; these are probably mental cases.

I will go further and say that many murder victims would not end up dead if their own minor crimes had been prosecuted.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

True if law enforcement just arrested everyone then no one would go on mass shootings.

Sounds like a very liberal thing to do. Sacrifice freedom for security that is and have everyone confined to cells.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Yeah - 2 years for jaywalking

5 years for shoplifting

10 years for DUI

• 7 months ago

Zero mass killings before the invention of antidepressant meds

• Mark
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

Or the widespread use of them. People CAN be clinically depressed, but just being "sad" does not warrant the drugs.

• 7 months ago

@ Mark Other countries have not dismantled their mental hospital systems. Duh.

The common factor in mass shootings is unaddressed mental illness, and that is true of both the Ohio and Texas shootings which recently happened. The families, friends, and associates of the shooters almost always KNOW the shooter is dangerously mentally ill but there is NOTHING they can do about it. The only long-term treatment option is psychotropic drugs, and a side effect of the drugs can be to make the patient even more paranoid/delusional. Some kids are effectively turned into sociopaths by the drugs.

It is not a coincidence that the modern phenomenon of mass shootings started in the same decade (the 1990s) the mental hospital system for the USA was dismantled.

• Mark
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

Then why does is it SO prevalent ONLY in the US?

• 7 months ago

law enforcement cleans up the mess

Mental Health is the problem here

WHY are all these people suddenly thinking its justifiable to kill a lot of people

• 7 months ago

I dong knwoa man.Justice speak.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.