Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 6 months ago

Why are Korean food not so popular when they are so good?

While Italian cuisine seems to be the most popular, people who may not care for Korean food are more reluctant to try it or enjoy it if they’re not familiar with the ingredients. Also, Americans tend to shy away from meats and fish items that are prepared differently, though they should be more apt if it’s presented buffet style bc they’re heavy eaters with economy in mind.

It s a flavour that you either love or hate - personally, I love it, but the only person I know who also loves it is my brother in law. Any food culture that can make we go for a vegetarian option and not even notice has to be a plus!

Because they want to give it to their true friends

Personally I love Korean food (I've lived in Korea) but it doesn't really fit North American tastes. It's too spicy for many people and there is too much emphasis on rice and soups. People eat rice and soups here in North America but not with every meal. It's also lack of exposure. There are so many different kinds of food available most people haven't even tried Korean food and don't know that it is different from Chinese or Japanese food.