Do you think that the U.K. street-artist "Banksy" is overrated,a present day fad & fashion, and just a blip in the canon of art?

Attachment image

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, and it isn't based on fancy analysis. I lose interest in a "Banksy" about seven seconds after looking at one, and I don't particularly care to look again. Same with a "Jim Carrey". On the other hand, I have never tired of looking at a "Titian", "Da Vinci", or "Rembrandt".

• August
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

Banksy is a true artist and should be recognised as such. I would rather look at his work than paying to see centuries old "master pieces"

• 4 months ago

It depends on the category of art you rank him in. He's not a serious academic painter, but he has some skill and wit, and I can see him being remembered as a popular comic artist and satirist.

• 4 months ago

He seems like one of the good guys.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

He's just some guy who does stupid szhitt and gets paid for it.

• John
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

The proverbial laughing all the way to the bank.

• Nancy
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

No, I don't. They just basically disassembled an entire garage in Port Talbot to gather the wall he'd painted on and put it in a museum. People clearly see value in the art, and not just a few people and not just lay people but artists and curators. Just because art is new and non-normative doesn't mean it's merely a fad or fashion. There was a time when the same could've been said about Monet or Picasso.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.