Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearOther - Games & Gear · 3 months ago

Will a video game/ it s case melt in 97F-100F weather?

I m away currently, and a game I ordered came unexpectedly early (the 3rd). I won t be home until the 8th or 9th... It s already been 3 days that it s been stuck in the mailbox. I m concerned that the disc will be damaged/warped, or that the plastic case will melt. It s under the shade of the mailbox, but there s also probably no air ventilation? It s also in a cluster, on the very top, and heat rises...? Or are my concerns just paranoia...

Normal human body temperature is 98.6°F: your game is safe.

The game disc itself is still good even if the plastic case got hot enough to significantly soften. Which occurs far above 98.6°F; depending upon which plastic the case is made of that exact temperature is typically going to be around 212°F (boiling point

of water) and melting occurs at an even higher temperature.

It may not be safe to operate at those temperatures, but it won't damage the cart if stored at that temperature.

No, the very lowest melting points for some types of plastic is like 350, MUCH hotter then it gets outside ...................................