is there any differences between regular mens underwear vs name brand?

I have also wore regular cheap boxer/briefs from dollar general and maybe Walmart.. are there any difference between those kinds vs like "american eagle" or "Hollister" type brands or is it just personal preference?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Just the price.

• 1 year ago

I prefer Nautica. They are well made, better materials. The elastic does not stretch out. Comfortable. Fit well

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

They are all sewn in sweatshops. Some are priced higher because they have a 'popular' name on them. A fool and their cash are soon parted.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

not that i know of..................

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

no, there is no difference other than material

• 1 year ago

Fabric# Fabric is the main part for all the garments. But it's especially the case for underwear because you want it to be a workhorse.

You will not get that from cheap underwear. They're typically made of an inferior cotton – where the fiber is short and the thread is quite weak.For

luxury underwear yarn used is both tight and thin, which allows them to feel incredibly soft.

Fit looking# Branded underwear slightly edges out their cheap counter parts in terms of fit.One big reason is the stretch fabric.

High-end underwear would have an easier time “adjusting” to your body shape thanks to their 4-way stretch fabric.

Function# High-end brands provide more protection for your crotch and thighs – especially as you sweat and move around.

Those features can spare you from potential bodily issues like rashes, chafing, bleeding or pain in the genitals.

Since cheap underwear means mass-produced, you can't expect them to be unique or “individualistic” in any way.

• Nancy
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Yes. The difference is style, just like with any clothes. If you're sexually active, for example, when your pants come off, you don't want the person seeing your cheap-as-hell Walmart underwear but to see you wearing Calvin Klein or Hollister or American Eagle or Armani Exchange or something like that. And it's not just limited to that, because there's also getting changed in front of your friends, like in a locker room.

The only people who wouldn't perceive a difference are people who never get laid and don't have any close friends, friends they do stuff with that leads to them changing clothes in front of them like to do sports stuff or to get ready to go out and party or whatever.

As for quality, there can be some quality differences, but not necessarily. A pair of Calvin Kleins will almost certainly be better quality than Walmart brand, but I can't say that American Eagle necessarily would.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.