ps4 and ps3 experts need help?

i just bought a ps4 for the first time. i would like to play games that i previously purchased when i had my ps3. now i will like to access those games on my ps4 but i can't find a way to access my download history. do you guys know how to?

• opurt

In most cases you can't. The PS4 doesn't play PS3 games that you've purchased (disc or digital), unless it happens to be a digital Cross-Buy game where getting the PS3 version also gives you the PS4 version. There's no direct backward compatibility.

You can play PS3 games on the PS4 using the Playstation Now streaming service, but it's a separate subscription and it doesn't matter if you own the games on the PS3 or not.

Pretty sure Xbox One is the only backwards compatibility console. But at that, you can’t play every game only certain ones. But there is a wide variety and if you purchased them before on 360 using the same account you can redownload it.

There may be a way to access games bought on the PlayStation store *digital download* but you cannot play discs from PS3