Should I give up on my dream?

I’m 22 years old, and ever since I was 16, I’ve wanted nothing but to be a published author. I’ve written three books, and I’m currently writing my fourth. I’ve been working for 6 years straight working on these books, pouring everything I have into these books, and lately, I’ve been feeling very discouraged. I... show more I’m 22 years old, and ever since I was 16, I’ve wanted nothing but to be a published author. I’ve written three books, and I’m currently writing my fourth. I’ve been working for 6 years straight working on these books, pouring everything I have into these books, and lately, I’ve been feeling very discouraged. I sent out a little excerpt of my fourth book to be critiqued. While I got a lot of positive reviews, I got some bad ones that tore at my heart. I feel like I’m not good enough, like I will never be good enough to be published. I respect peoples’ opinions, but I can’t help but to be heartbroken. Should I just give up on my dream? Am I being stupid to even think I have a chance?
5 answers 5