Best Hotel Discount rates for Seniors, AAA or AARP?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • In
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

The discount for AAA and AARP are the same. Sign up for one or more hotel loyalty programs and book online in advance after shopping the travel sites. Make more than one reservation with different hotels Check a day or two before your trip to see if there are any last minute sales. Cancel the hotel rooms you don't want. I should add that the government rate is generally much higher than the regular rate.

• RP
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

It depends on the hotel chain. There is no consistency across brands.

• 3 months ago

I've found that at the moderately-priced places I stay at, rates are completely discretionary, and if there is a discount, it will be the same no matter what qualification one has (unless they are associated with the particular chain, like they are an employee of Hilton, for example). I can walk up to a Motel 6 that says $49 a night on the sign, and that's already the discounted rate from their list price. Being a Senior over 60 technically gets a discount, but that only brings the full price down to $49. Same with military, AAA, or whatever else one may have.

• 3 months ago

READ THE LITERATURE FROM THOSE COMPANIES TO FIND OUT..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

The discounts are the same, 10% off of the rack rates. In some places that is NOT the best rates.

• 4 months ago

Either provide good discounts rated, usually 10-15%

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

AARP usually has the higher discounts, but it depends on the hotel or motel you're staying at. The Days Inn chain offers a 20% discount on room rates to seniors. All they have to do is show their card at check-in.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

They are usually equal.

• rick
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

My lady friend calls for reservations asking for AAA or AARP rates. I cold call. We both get the same rates. It's a rip-off. Cold call, get a rate, and then ask for a senior discount. Maybe 10% of the time you will get a couple of dollars knocked off.

Source(s): 40 years in the travel industry
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.