Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsCricket · 7 months ago

Do you think England cheated to win 2019 Cricket World Cup Final?

Ross Taylor was wrongly given out LBW and Ben Stokes overthrow boundary shouldn't have been given as it changed direction after hitting his bat.

Also, NZ lost fewer wickets so that way they should have been declared the winner.

Update:

NZ's another bad luck was Stokes was caught on boundary by Boult in 2nd last over but due to the pressure of final he became stagnant and was not sure whether to throw it to nearby fielder or try to balance himself from touching the rope which delayed the relay throw to nearby fielder (Guptill) and touched the rope probably the fact he was a bit nervous and didn't judge it well, you don't expect such things from a side like NZ generally but pressure of the final can get anyone..

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Nah

Just shocking umpiring

• Login to reply the answers
  • Cee
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Great finish and there wasn't any skullduggery.

• Zapata
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Yawn. Boring. None of that stuff is "cheating".

Maybe you could argue they got pretty lucky in the final, but none of it was cheating.

• 6 months ago

No it was an accident umpire wrong dicission

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

No it was an accident.

• 7 months ago

No they did not cheat in the finals.

• F
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

England won according to the rules although the umpire got it wrong, but that's not cheating by England unless they bribed him. Anyway, some umpire decisions go for you, others against. England had a few against them earlier in the tournament they could have moaned about, but they tend to level out over time.

• 7 months ago

No, I don't think they cheated.

• 7 months ago

They didn’t cheat, but winning on such a technicality like they did is a very hollow victory.

• Zapata
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

I promise you, it doesn't FEEL like a "hollow victory"....it just feels like a victory.

• 7 months ago

Are you accusing the umpires of throwing the Cup to England? Because what you cite is not cheating by one side.

The rules of the tournament were known by all participants, and most boundaries was established as the tiebreaker. If the ICC want to change the rules to make tiebreakers fewer wickets lost, or who had more Likes on Facebook or more Twitter followers or whatever, they may do so. Quit whining about it.

I was not a fan of England, either. I wanted the Aussies and right now, I'm in a good mood.

• Uzaif
    Lv 4
    7 months ago

No. England won it fair and square, some mistakes may have happened. But it was a Nail Biting finish.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.