Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 7 months ago

How to keep the speed of a car steady?

Im beginning to drive now and the hard put for me has been keeping my foot steady on the gas pedal. Sometimes I go too fast and sometimes I don't hold enough on the gas pedal it slows down. Should I try to adjust my seat so the top part of my feet presses the gas pedal instead of the middle part

Favorite Answer

The ball of your foot should be on the pedal, not the arch or toes, you could try getting a car with cruise control or even a speed limiter

You need more practice with emphasis on controlling your speed. It takes time.

Learn that your right foot is constantly adjusting the throttle. Come to an incline, you need a little more gas. Come to a decline, you ease off the throtle.

After a while most people do it without even knowing they're doing it. The other people shouldn't be on the road.

Do whatever works. Turn the music off so you don't tap your feet to the music while learning.

Keep an eye on the speedometer.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

Cruise control was good to me when I first learned.