Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsOther - Visual Arts · 1 year ago

Does there need to be more neo-classical art and less modern art in our towns and cities?

Recently a new monument was unveiled in the city centre where I live and most residents hate it. Someone said it looks like a black man's penis. There is also a hideous statue of a woman with her breasts and internal organs exposed. There are many buildings that are ugly and weird too. One looks like a nuclear power plant and the other like a spaceship. As Hitler said, "Anyone who paints a sky green and fields blue ought to be sterilised".

1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

A very wise man, Hitler, except when he invaded Russia.

No doubt Jews are behind this decadent art as usual.

• 1 year ago

I one word YES!!!!

• 1 year ago

Firstly, Hitler did not say that, someone just made it up.

Secondly, modern art is actually pretty old. We are talking about the period which started about a hundred and fifty years ago.

Neo classicism had its day, what is the point in trying to resurrect it? As for architecture, function is the most important element, and I'm quoting Vitruvius on that.

I don't see the point of monuments at all, and I question the purpose of all public art. Most of it is some form of propaganda, and always has been.

1 year ago

Yes. One Council paid nearly a million pound for a sculpture that was like a polo mint. They soon got rid of it when people started to vandalise it, but the Council Tax Payers have still footed the bill. I can't see any sense in this modern art seems to me the so called artists must be brain damaged. Burn the lot is my view.

• 1 year ago

It's a symptom of the degenerate society we live in.. like the Weimar Republic, but worse.... this stuff rots the mind. In Brighton there are sculptures of the male genitalia proudly on display, some are water fountains which little children use to get a drink from.

That and most modern and post-modern "art" should just be burned.

• 1 year ago

The problem is the city planners and councils have no idea about art, so they commission artists without knowing whether the art is good or not, and usually it is not. Most modern art is rubbish, but there are some brilliant artists as well.

However, I agree that neo-classical art would be better in most cases. You can tell whether that a classical piece of art is amazingly good, just by looking at it, but we are supposed to look at a pile of bricks and say ooh aah, wondering if it has any merit just because they paid a lot of money for it.

• 1 year ago

it's all part of New World Order

to have public art that is horrible and disturbing to look at

reject it and don't be fooled by them

1 year ago

IDK...........................