Arany asked in Science & MathematicsWeather · 4 months ago

What are the cold months in the United States?

depends on what state you are in but where I am, November to Februrary

The United States is a large country with a lot of climates and weather patterns, so it all depends on the area of the country and how sensitive a person is to the cold. The coldest part of the year generally in the U.S. is from Late December to Early February. I live in Texas, and I would think that truly cold weather happens from Late December to Early February, but the cold weather can start in October and stay until April. Still, we get mild days in the height of winter sometimes, where we could be in short sleeve t-shirts and shorts.

Source(s): Personal Knowledge and Experience.

It depends on where but I’m in NJ and it’s colder from about mid-November and once you get past March it’s nice out.

the U.S. is huge.

Over all, (Excluding Hawaii & Alaska) September to May.

Most Evenings in the Desert areas, Sand does not retain heat.

• Murzy

Oct-Mar .

It depends on where you are in the U.S.

and on what you consider "cold".

The coldest months are typically December and January

October-March are cold in much (but not all) of the U.S. (and again: it depends on what you, personally, consider "cold". For me, Arkansas is "cold" only two months of the year, natives of Arkansas disagree).

Southern Florida typically does not reach sub-freezing temperatures (but occasionally it does, ruining the orange crop). Similarly southern California.

On the other hand, northern states are in a state of "freeze" (at least at night, and also frequently during the day) for several months of the year.

Northern hemisphere late fall through early spring, which means from roughly November through April, with November and April being warm in the south and west but still mostly cold in the north and northeast.

Depends on what you mean by "cold" of course, but the coldest temps tend to occur from about early-mid-January through end of February. Cold temps in Florida or California would be the warmth of late spring and mid-fall up north. It is a big country, after all (and I pretty much ignored Alaska and Hawaii).

Where I live in the northeast, we tend to see the first snowflakes at about the end of October even if we might not see snow staying on the ground until late December (usually before of course), and the last snow is usually around about mid-April. Folks down south are already into flowers and flowering trees before we even start to see the earliest crocus blooms up this way, usually, never mind tulips or even leaves on trees.

• KennyB

In general, December, January and February.