Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 7 months ago

Do you get tired of the negativity in your work place?

How do you cope with the people in your worjplace, it's usually the same people over and over, constantly making up lies, drama, projecting their own jealousy and insecurity onto others? Ugh! It gets so old, and it's so ridiculous that women find this behavior exciting. I'm just shunning these people, not talking to them anymore.

It's sad that we have these low vibrational people in our environment, doing shady things, then exploiting others to take the focus off themselves. Are there any normal people out there anymore...

Favorite Answer

I hear ya!

Just block them out. I know some of the following is going to sound dumb, but they might help you to tune other people out:

1. Socialize with yourself in your mind. Think about something really funny or sing a song in your mind to yourself and just focus your mentality on it.

2. Put some earbuds in (the wireless ones are great) and play some music to tune others out.

3. On break, go outdoors and somewhere alone until getting back to work.

4. Find a new job - one where you can freely move from one part of the building to another (outdoor groundskeeper, custodian, etc. where you can be alone for the most part.

Keep things in perspective.

Not every situation is a life-or-death crisis, and sometimes we just have to “grin and bear it.” The apostle Paul, in his message to the early Christian believers in Rome, put it this way: “If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men” (Romans 12:18).

Obviously, this does not apply to situations where you or another person are facing physical danger or emotional abuse from an offending individual. In those cases, it’s essential to get help from those in positions of responsibility, or even from law enforcement, if necessary.

But for non-critical situations, it’s always a good idea to first seek to “live peaceably.” Your example of kindness and cooperation might well reach the heart of that bothersome person, after all.

• Colorado

I agree..it is an emotionally abusive and toxic situation. I'm still being nice, but firm.

I work with 10 females plus my boss. TRUST ME! I KNOW!! I am finding a new job but in the mean time I keep any gossip told to me to myself, I don't spread anything or share my comments. I work hard and clock out for the day. If my boss is in a catty mood, I smile and work away no matter what she says. Just keep your head down and get through it till something better pops up.

• Colorado

Same here..
      I don't spread gossip,buy it doesn't matter, they blame whoever they want behind our backs. It's always them gossiping behind each other's backs, then blaming innocent people.

Yes...I have to self-employ

I agree with everything you say and I hate to say it but I think those people in your workplace are the ones who are considered ‘normal’. It’s people who are bothered by them and shun them who are considered NOT normal. Then people start accusing you of being aloof, arrogant and ‘anti-social’. So they win. Same old story. I was watching some YouTube interviews with Frank Zappa recently and was amazed at just how smart that guy was. But he was considered to be difficult to interview, could be sarcastic and dismissive of stupid questions, simply because he was so intelligent and did not suffer fools gladly. But he got sh*t for that. Look at how he handled himself in those congressional first amendment hearings. Brilliant, gutsy guy with lots of integrity. And everything he said was right on the mark. But it definitely didn’t make him popular with a lot of people. Same thing with Bob Dylan. Joan Baez. Creative, intelligent people who didn’t enable the ignorant. Not low vibrational.

• atomic fireball

Fvck u. Make me. Oh but you probably need a gun to do that because you’ve never been in a real fistfight your entire life you little pussy

It going to be everywhere. I learned to stay to myself be friendly with people but don't make friends.

that is life today unfortunately, in old times life was simpler and happier, that negativity of today didn't exist.

• Snoopy

That sounds pretty scary.

• LP7

They sound like typical politicians today.