Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelCanadaOther - Canada · 10 months ago

Why are Canadians such nice people in general?

• Ted K

If you are used to living with Americans all the time anyone else seems friendly. BTW if you identify yourselfg as a Trumper you will quickly see the other side of Canadians

Because they aren't suck down here in the land of welfare and billionaires. I wish my mother was still alive so we could find her family in Canada where she was born. Now that my sons are adults it would be nice to move there. I know some are on PEI but the rest I have no clue. (I raised nice guys so they would fit right it!)

• F

So you don't mistake them for Americans.

• F

United Statesians? Whoever uses that term? In general vocabulary and accepted use at least in the English speaking world, Americans (without any specific qualification), refers to citizens of the USA.
      Yes technically speaking, Americans means anyone living on the North and South American continents

Why wouldn't we be? What is the profit in not being nice?

Because they have guaranteed health care, so they’re not constantly putting off treatment and worrying about taking care of their children?

Canadians are under less stress. Salaries have a minimum and help is there for people who don't have enough income.

I would happily buy a house in local public housing, although I am aware that not all are as good as that.

You hear a lot about healthcare, but it really does make a difference. The last time someone in this family went down with cancer, we were distressed but not worried about hospital or surgery costs.

At retirement, if you do not have a sufficient pension, you can apply for additional income, and you can defer property taxes.

It's all details, but it all helps.

I met a Canadian who says his family members bullied each other so much that some killed themselves off and that later on his family was so forced apart that the two sides of the family made fun out of each other for it. No this really is a true story. You were saying? You shouldn't go based on stereotype. Literally all stereotypes are bs.

• Alain10 months agoReport

Of course an explanation of one's expertise or knowledge of a subject always begins with "I met a friend who says. . ." As long as you toss in "this really is a true story" makes it legitimate.

Because they don't have a republican party like America does. Republicans=garbage.

• Killmouseky

We DO have the current incarnation of the CONservatives, who are almost as crypto-fascist as the U.S. RepubliKKKants.