when traveling over seas, why do many people hate "tourists"?

I know the people that make money off of them like them, but I have traveled to Europe and parts of Asia several times and always sensed that tourists were well hated. how depends and why?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It's the attitude that some tourists don't realize sometimes they're insulting the people they are visiting expecting the same service they get where they came from and or telling the people they are visiting how to do there job.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

they don't hate tourists, they hate that their housing prices go up because tourists take apartments that were supposed to be for the citizens

• 7 months ago

I have never experienced that. I don't know if you're projecting or in you're behaving in some what that the local people don't like.

• RockIt
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

People want tourists to go about being tourists, spend their money, then leave. In America, the people DON'T LEAVE.

• ...Show all comments
    • RockIt
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

They get a job, meet someone, aren't forced to leave, don't want to go back to face a warrant for their arrest, don't want to return to go to school. You name it. We have all kinds of creeps overstaying their tourist, or student, or just visiting, papers. America doesn't enforce its borders.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

I think you may be seeing resentment of American tourists. Americans are known for being loud, inconsiderate, and monolingual. This is a stereotype, but there''s truth to it. Those Americans who take the trouble to learn a few polite expressions in the language of the country they're in are more respected, and those who study the rules of courtesy are also better received.

• Lv 5
      7 months agoReport

ah, i know what you mean, but i think British as well as many "Europeans" are considered the same now, especially by Aisans, but aside from that, why do you think they are often inconsiderate? and loud?

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

It's hypocrisy. It's like how hawaiians hate "howleys" and tourists, yet dont hesitate to charge big money for Luaus and resort hotels.

• 7 months ago

I dont know, I like seeing tourists here, makes the pace seem busy.

I know a lot of places in Europe like Spain really hate seeing British tourists because they get drunk and rowdy.

Maybe it's just that they dont like having to deal with foreigners every day since they dont speak the language

• Robin
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

I have travelled to most of Europe and most of the Far East and have never come across any of this hate that you suggest.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.