Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesLos Angeles · 11 months ago

How safe is this area in hollywood during the day?

I‘m a 20 y/o girl who‘s flying to LA all by herself this fall and would like to know how safe the area I‘ll be staying in is... I am gonna meet up with some friends some of the days but I‘ll be staying on my own. The apartment complex is on north cherokee avenue, between yucca st and franklin ave. I‘ve heard some bad things about this area but also some positive things so I feel a bit unsure but I cant really cancel this place and book another one this late. I‘m not planning on being out after sunset, only one or two evenings but I will take a taxi or get a lift by some of my friends back. So I‘ll mostly walk around alone during the day.

Don't walk around there at night alone. First warning. Alot of perverts in the area I mean real perverts. Dont wear shorts or skirts don't show your pretty legs on Hollywood Blvd at night please. Stay off the streets as much as possible and know where you are going. If you wanna be more non chalant go to Ocean Blvd Santa Monica.

Nothing's safe sis, with all these mass shootings happening in the country, but the area you'll be staying in, is kinda "upscale" so you're fine.

It sounds like you're talking about The Yucca Corridor, which is much better than it used to be. Wikipedia says it was '"formerly notorious" and "once crime-ridden", but is now "a hub for young professionals, artists, musicians and actors."

• Foofa

That area's a lot safer than it used to be but the element of violent homeless people looms large in Hollywood. You should be okay as long as you're careful and use situational awareness.

I did a street view on Google maps. That looks like a perfectly nice, residential area, with apartment buildings. Men do not typically leap out from behind bushes during the daytime to grab women and rape them. I'm not sure what you're envisioning happening. There's not much to walk to, though, and California is notorious for not being walkable.

you should be cautions all the time you could get hurt