Guber asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 months ago

If you were running for president (and who isn't?) what would your campaign slogan be?

Favorite Answer

I would have to find a name for my party that incorporated the initials U.B.S. You, it could be "United" something or other.

And then my slogan could be "Vote U.B.S. The only party that puts You before the B.S."

OK, full disclosure. I didn't make that up. I stole it from Norman Lear. Back in the 70's there Lear produced a nightly TV show that was a spinoff from the soap opera parody "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman." It was a parody of a night time talk show, starring Martin Mull and Fred Willard, and it was called "Fernwood Tonight." (Fernwood, Ohio was the fictional setting of "Mary Hartman." As a part of the opening of each episode, Fred Willard would say, "Ferrnwood Tonight, brought to you by the United Broadcast System. UBS, the network that puts You before the BS.

Come to think of it, UBS was also the name of the network in the movie, "Network."

• Foofa

"Vote for me in the primaries and I promise to pick a technocrat VP who actually understands things like trade and the economy...then I'll resign immediately upon election".

Free crap for anyone too lazy to work

get rid of crooked trump.

"Make America Greater, Love it or Leave It"

Dump Trump.

That gets to the heart of the matter. Good policy proposals are all very well and good but the primary task is to rescue the country from the vile, harmful influence of this person.

• L.N.

'Prosperity is not a bad thing'.

• Doris

No, but the rich getting richer, and the middle class is in decline is a bad thing.

• Shawn

Keep making American great again!