promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 10 months ago

There is a level 7 user who is using a bot to instantly move all of my questions and give thumb downs. How to avoid that?

8 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You can try posting in a different subcategory (make sure your questions are appropriate for that location, though), stay Anonymous, and change your posting style if it easily identifies you. Otherwise, the abusers will continue with their abuse and there's no way to stop it since we have no reliable way of reporting that kind of abuse.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • mom
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

you can not avoid them moving our questions and thumbing us down. I notice some have tons of accounts and do that

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

No there isn't.

There's several people moving your violations in hopes that others will report them.

(I'm assuming they are moved to "abuse&spam" , "installing the engine" and other yahooproducts-categories)

• ...Show all comments
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

There ARE users who use scripts to keep questions in a specific category. Some do it for their own questions, some do it to harass other users.

• Lv 7
    10 months ago

how do you know?

• ­10 months agoReport

He usually gives me 15 - 100 thumbs down in a short time when he is active.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

There is No Bot Yahoo Gives us a Option to move it Under the Blue Edit menu

There is no way to Avoid your Question being Moved

The only thing you can do is Move it back to the Correct Category

• ...Show all comments
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Yes, there are users who use scripts to relocate questions. As long as their computer is running, a question will be returned to the subcategory of their choosing at whatever interval the script is programmed to run.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Dude there is no bot. Whoever is doing that is just really fast.

Source(s): 7
    • ...Show all comments
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Yes, there are some users who use scripts to keep questions in certain categories. Some do it with their own questions and some with other user's questions.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

I don't know how to avoid the thumbs down but I do know how to prevent the person from moving your answers permanently let me give you an example if your question is about mental health. Start your question off with the words mental health. Should I say a psychiatrist if I can hear voices in my ears? that's just an example but if you begin your question with the topic the Yahoo bought will put your question back where it belongs no matter how many times somebody moves it.

Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

No, there is no automatic recategorizing of questions on this site, by the server computers.

Lv 7
    10 months ago

Ask your questions anonymously and avoid trolling (which includes posting the same sort of questions over and over again).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.