Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 7 months ago

Should I have said this to the admissions staff?

Favorite Answer

That's very silly. U of Arkansas, like most state universities, has many "adult" students - older than 25. They offer many degree programs. My university will even give some course credits for life experiences. But if you're going to have the attitude that everything in your classes has to be what YOU want and what YOU think is worthwhile, you're not going to get very far.

It's a free country doesn't mean everybody has to like what you say or agree with you.

told the University of Arkansas exactly this today.

I'm 32 years old.

My lips are not going to fall off because I kissed my dog, just because a book said that dogs play and therefore carry germs.

I'm not going to start growing Chili peppers on the top my head because somebody makes Asian food down the street...

Just because a book said that chili peppers are spicy.

I'm not going to have my foot amputated just because I drank something that tastes good...

Just because a book uses a false scare mongering tactic and said that refined sugar is on a par with arsenic.

I'm not going to float off into space because a cow on a farm farted.

I'm not going to live for free because a book by noam Chomsky makes the devil out of anything.

I don't have my mom and dad anymore...

This is 100% my money that I live off of.

I care where it goes and how much I receive for it, and how much monetary value that things truly have.

I'm also not here to compete with kids.

So what can you do for me ?

Source(s): It wouldn't let me post this in the description.