Marvin
Marvin asked in Food & DrinkEntertaining · 10 months ago

Next house purchase, with some anonymity?

I have a very light footprint. I never get mail solicitation (maybe one every six months). I almost never get email solicitation. I do not show up on any "people search" sites.

I have owned two houses in the USA, and own a condo, yet me name does NOT currently show up on public info searches.

I got married in 2014. That does not show up on any public records search.

Anyway, in the past I have done well for keeping myself stealthy (thus safe from identity theft)

I pay cash for everything when possible so I have no debt, but still have a credit rating of over 800. Most people who pay cash for everything have little credit history. I have a credit history because I travel a lot, and it is not possible to pay cash for airline tickets, or rental cars.

I will get a disposable phone number, and email to use for the transaction. i will abandon them about a month after the purchase.

Has anyone tried mis-spelling their name on the title, or maybe using only initials? I am trying to give only enough info to keep it legal, but not one bit more.

This is serious. I need to know all the tricks to buy a house as stealthy as possible. If you really try, you can not say something rude, but if you are under 25 and American it might be a struggle.

I,m not a woman due to life, lwt them know, let them think of my plaec, I am then called light headed, Or i hide myself after all matters solved.

Did you testify against the mob ??

If you mis-spell your name on the title, let's hope someone who has that misspelling as their legal name doesn't come along and claim it's their house. You certainly can't use initials only.

Maybe you should set up a company and have it buy the house. That way, the name in the public records of the property is XYZ Inc. Someone who really wants to know must then find out who owns XYZ Inc. Legal advice would be a good idea.

A marriage is relatively easy to hide. A divorce is harder. Don't ask how I know.

That is all fine and dandy, but WHAT IS YOUR QUESTION??

• Marvin

Another ******* idiot reported

That's not legal. You cant fudge your name on any legal document and still have it be legal

In Florida once the deed has been recorded you can ask the property appraiser to hide your name, but you have to have a good reason; judge, policeman, etc.

The usual way of doing this is to form an LLC.

I'm surprised that you don't already know this. It's pretty common practice in fancy real estate, like New York condos, and is often used by foreign interests to conceal assets or launder money.

Establish a blind trust to purchase the home. That's how celebrities do it.

It will cost you extra in legal fees and you'll need a trustee.

• Murzy

A Title Search will reveal you info.

• Marvin

Wake up - A realtor with a specific address in mind can do that. "Joe Illegal Alien" who is looking for an identity to steal cannot do that.