I need help with describing a character in a novel who looks Asian?

I don't want to sound racist or offensive when I describe the character. I just want my characters to have different cultures and personalites. I just have a hard time doing it, because he's never going to say out loud, "I'm Asian. My parents are from Korea." What are some creative and non... show more I don't want to sound racist or offensive when I describe the character. I just want my characters to have different cultures and personalites. I just have a hard time doing it, because he's never going to say out loud, "I'm Asian. My parents are from Korea." What are some creative and non basic ways to describe him and give a hint to readers that he's from Asia?
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Update: The reason why I'm hesitant to acknowledge the race of my characters is because they live in a world that is not ours. In the book, it doesn't have countries or continents. I'm very sorry for not being clear before.