Please my name is Michael Danso and l have a letter coming from France and it has been in us customs for 3 weeks what is going on?

It happens there a serious delay. Before the internet exists, with my sister we send letters each other and it took about 5 days. My sister lives in the US by the way.

You know for sure that US Customs has been holding your letter for three weeks. ?

It is normal for letters crossing the Ocean to take about three weeks to reach destination.

Most of the wait is in the departing city waiting for room on a plane going to USA international Mail place,

US Customs can be busy and mail stacks up waiting its turn for inspection.

USPS tracking does not have your letter until after US Customs does what it does.

France Post Office is responsible to get the letter to the US Customs inspection place.

Check also the French post office tracking site.

Nothing for you to do other than wait. Customs officials have been doing their inspections on mail for over 100 years they have their system is all you need to know.

• Catherine

Not normal they take THREE WEEKS for reach destination Rona. Read my post.

A letter is in customs? That's very unusual. There must have been something in it. If it was illegal to send to the US, you'll never get the letter.