Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkEntertaining · 4 months ago

Am I stuck in a dead end job for the rest of my life or at least “dead end jobs” as I have 0 GCSE level or above qualifications, all below?

That level and not worth having tbqh. I’m 19, barely any job experience. I work in a warehouse for Amazon, great pay, easy enough job to do, good co workers but I’m not sure if I’ll ever move up.

Don’t tell me to get an education. School/college ruined my mental health and I’m not academic either. I am only good at English, kind of good at Science and that’s it. I didn’t get GCSE pass grades in either subject though, mostly due to low attendance because of anxiety & depression

The happiest people I know have jobs that they enjoy. Those people have sought out jobs that they are genuinely interested in. What are you passionate about? What do you love to do? Align yourself in jobs that interest you and you can work your way up from there.

I have no formal education but I am good in Math. As a teenager, I loved to sew. Sooo, I put my math skills and my talent for sewing together and have been self employed my whole life, working out of my home. I am not a rich person, but I have all of my financial needs met. But, most of all, I have been very happy at what I do because I am passionate about it.

So, I suggest you think about your passions and lean toward applying for jobs that will fulfill you.

The short answer is yes. The longer answer is nobody here knows your work ethic. I know people with little or no advanced schooling who manage dozens of people...because they earned it with their work ethic.

• 4 months agoReport

F ü c k off

Do not feed the troll. Although at least this question is less suicidal than normal. For the piece of worthless sh it that is sophie.

The other education options are things like plumbers, electricians, carpenters...they all pay well and it isn't a typical school

• 4 months agoReport

Eddie is a troll who is stupid.

If you have the attitude that you are stuck in a job because you have no qualifications, then it is likely that you will be stuck in 'dead end' jobs.

On the other hand, if you have the attitude that your position is only temporary and that you WILL work your way up, you could very easily find yourself in a management position in the future (or you could get yourself 'retrained' and find a job in a completely different field).

As others have said, warehouses and similar places of employment will usually promote based on merit rather than qualifications.

Perform your current role to the best of your ability, show willingness to learn and adapt as required, and show an interest in learning more about the running of the business, and you have every chance of moving up.

• 4 months agoReport

Thank you :)

If you get the right job with the right company they will promote on merit due to performance

• 4 months agoReport

Read my post again.

I would say no. I had friends who went to the worst high schools and they're doing better than I am. Nothing is a guarantee of nothing. You never know what turn your life will take, so don't second guess it.