Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesLos Angeles · 11 months ago

Californians how do you even afford to live in California despite its expensive cost?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago

They don't.. Theres exodus out of California... Im a native of California and I can name at least 10-15 people that I know personally and semi personally that have moved out of California because of the expensive housing prices to Nevada , Arizona, and Texas.. The Weather is good... but it kind of lacks variation when you actually think about it.

In the winter it rains and in the summer depending how far inland you live like the valley or inland empire or the low deserts for example its unbearably hot..

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 11 months ago

You know, taking advantage of going to inexpensive mkts, rather than the Fancy Gelsons $1.00 an apple. Example: apples at Food for less $1.59 a lb equals around 4-5,? Also, shopping at 99¢ stores and Dollar tree stores. Min wage here is $12.00 an HR. New York $15.00 so, see the difference, foods, gasoline and housing even more expensive there. Everything is all balanced out. It's really not bad here, nice weather all four seasons, great places to go to, I was born here and love my CALIFORNIA.

P. S. The Demo's Politicians convinced many homeowners not to vote for "Rent Control"

• 11 months ago

Budgeting. 99 cent stores. Del Taco value menu. Take the bus. For those of us living paycheck to paycheck, this is the only way. (To be fair, I'm single. A family of four, or with kids would probably need to have other options.)

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

They either earn enough to pay their own way or so little that people with higher incomes are forced to support them. CA never signed on to the welfare reforms of the 1990's so its benefits are significantly higher than in most other states.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 11 months ago

Incomes and wages are high in California, for the most part. People manage to get by. Sure, it’s far more expensive than other states, but it is a very desirable state to live in for so many reasons. At the median income, you could pay $1,850 per month in rent or a mortgage and still have thousands of dollars left each month.

• 11 months ago

Because jobs here pay more. Well, some of them do.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

It's not that difficult.

The median income in California is $63,783.

Which means you can spend about $1800 on rent.

Can you rent a one bedroom in Santa Monica or San Fran for that? no.... can you get a really great two bedroom and split the cost? In most places....

• 11 months ago

People don't save as much as they should be. Also note that the cost of housing is the biggest expense. For those who purchased a home 15+ years ago, their expenses are lower than those with increased rents or trying to purchase today.

• 11 months ago

By leaving. I other words I couldn't. But it has good weather.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

we don't live it to the full extent that's how

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.