How many notes are there on a clarinet?

me me i know i know ! sticking up my hand teacher teacher . the right answer is can sometimes most of the clarinets has least 8 notes or 5 .

There’s multiple of the same note. You have a G below the staff, on the staff, and above the staff, so it’s all the same note, technically, just with an octave difference. It sounds different though, so if you include all of those octaves, the lowest note a clarinet can play is a low E and the highest note is a G (2 octaves above the staff) but that’s if you’re really good because notes above a high C can be difficult. Taking all this into account: There are 40 notes on the clarinet

• oldprof

Thanks luna; I played woodwinds for years but never actually counted the notes.

• humpty

Three and a half octaves on a Bb soprano. Basically thirty notes, plus three more if you are really good. I am not.

There are 122 notes on a standard clarinet.

• bubba

8 like every other musical instrument

Modern woodwinds can play more than 3 chromatic octaves - that is 11 semitones each octave (33) plus more notes that advanced players can play.

7 holes yes. They have 7s!

There are the same "notes" as on any scale. I think you mean keys and it depends on what type of clarinet your are talking about.