How many notes are there on a clarinet?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

me me i know i know ! sticking up my hand teacher teacher . the right answer is can sometimes most of the clarinets has least 8 notes or 5 .

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

There’s multiple of the same note. You have a G below the staff, on the staff, and above the staff, so it’s all the same note, technically, just with an octave difference. It sounds different though, so if you include all of those octaves, the lowest note a clarinet can play is a low E and the highest note is a G (2 octaves above the staff) but that’s if you’re really good because notes above a high C can be difficult. Taking all this into account: There are 40 notes on the clarinet

• oldprof
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Thanks luna; I played woodwinds for years but never actually counted the notes.

• humpty
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Three and a half octaves on a Bb soprano. Basically thirty notes, plus three more if you are really good. I am not.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

There are 122 notes on a standard clarinet.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • bubba
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

8 like every other musical instrument

• 7 months ago
  • 7 months ago

Modern woodwinds can play more than 3 chromatic octaves - that is 11 semitones each octave (33) plus more notes that advanced players can play.

• 7 months ago

7 holes yes. They have 7s!

• 7 months ago

There are the same "notes" as on any scale. I think you mean keys and it depends on what type of clarinet your are talking about.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.