SHOULD I VISIT SKYE?

I'm going to stay in Edinburgh 4 days, should i visit skye? I will visit Loch Ness and Glasgow too so do you think i have enough time?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Huh?
    Lv 7
    4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No, not if you're only in Scotland for four days. The drive from Edinburgh to Skye takes roughly 7 hours, so it would take you most of a day just to get there. The train takes longer and there is no airport on or near Skye. Even if you stay overnight, you won't have enough time to see much more than Portree High Street. To make the journey worthwhile you would need to stay for at least two nights.

I would also reconsider Loch Ness if I were you as it will take almost as long to get there from Edinburgh. Glasgow, however, is perfectly feasible as a day trip from Edinburgh. If you go by train the journey only takes an hour and you don't have to worry about finding somewhere to park.

• 4 months ago

Skye gets very crowded in the Summer.

• 4 months ago

nice but a lot of tourists

• F
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

If you've only 4 days based in Edinburgh, Skye is a bit far unless you want to spend most of your time in a car. There's plenty of nice places nearer Edinburgh, like Fife or East Lothian Coast, Scottish Borders, Loch Lomond and the Trossachs, Argyll forest park, and maybe the Cairngorms or Glencoe.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Your question isn't clear. Do you mean you're only going to be in Scotland for four days, based in Edinburgh? You can skip across to Glasgow by train from Edinburgh in less than an hour, but you won't have time to visit Skye, in fact Loch Ness is cutting it a bit fine too.

Edinburgh alone is well worth a four-day visit.

• 4 months ago

Not enough time. Glasgow and Loch Lomond would be more practical.

Come back and visit the Isle of Skye, Loch Ness and Inverness another day.

• 4 months ago

No, you don't have enough time - Loch Ness & Glasgow will take a full day each, leaving you little time to actually see Edinburgh

• 4 months ago

Skye is so very beautiful. If you love the natural landscape don't miss it. Cut out somewhere else on your list

• 4 months ago

Edinburgh, Isle of Skye, Loch Ness & Glasgow in 4 days. I doubt it,

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

i would visit it if you wanted to

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.