How do you load a breakbarrel rifle faster?

Break barrel air rifle all calibers.... how do you load the pellet faster? I tried with pellet pen and it doesnt make it faster.

Economy of motion and practice. Work through the entire procedure slowly. Always keep the barrel under control for that just in case moment where you didn't get it far enough to catch or you accidentally pull the trigger. Many modern airguns have safety devices that generally prevent accidents, but just like safeties, never fully depend on them. You do have the safety on right? You want to build correct procedures and habits.

Set up a target at your zero distance and practice. Move your target to a different distance and shoot 5 shots. Verify the group is about the same as what ballistics is telling you. Make a note card with the hold offsets. Practice some more. The whole time you should be practicing loading and correctly doing everything. The more you shoot, the more practice you get loading and the faster you get. Eventually you won't need to think so much about being safe because you'll have that drilled into you. Reloading will only take a few seconds or so and you won't think so much about it.

I keep extra pellets in my pocket so I don't have to open the tin again. It helps when hunting.

Use a Ridenour attachment.

• Robin

by putting it in the trash and buying a Ruger 10/22

• Rick

Watch some 'Cowboy Action Shooting' videos on You Tube. Pay particular attention to the double barrel shotgun shooting segments. I know shotguns are not rifles but these shooters have some pretty amazing techniques for opening barrels, discarding empties and putting their arm back into battery with amazing speed.

I really don't know much about pellet loading but perhaps a different pellet profile would chamber more easily. A pointed hunting pellet might 'funnel' itself into the chamber more easily. To get back to my earlier cowboy action advice, it is obvious these guys have spent hours on end in practice, practice, practice.

• Staap It

I knew a Viet Nam vet who taped pairs of shell together. He is a small guy, a Beret. When he went in a tunnel, the guy behind him had the double barrel on his shoulder as they moved.