Zed
Lv 6
Zed asked in Entertainment & MusicMagazines · 7 months ago

Are you going on holiday to an EU country this year - which one?

Update:

I suggest you take cash out in Euros from the UK and do not buy at the airport or from the ATM in the country you are in. The rate is too low and you will get hammered with charges, ontop of the low rate.

Airport is giving you 85c for £1 !! that is theft in my opinion.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I just got back from Italy a couple of days ago.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

I've already spent 3 months working in Germany this year.

• 7 months ago

NO,, i wouldnt waste my time

• 7 months ago

Yes, visiting Germany, Netherland, Belgium and France on coach tour with Schengen visa, during summer.

• ...Show all comments
    • Adullah M
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

Schengen visa has nothing to do with EU and has nothing to do with UK. either, so no need to get allowance from UK.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

Just back from a cruise around the Med. which took us to quite a few different places in France, Spain and Italy. No problems money wise but the flight back from Barcelona was cancelled for a day because of a strike; (still they put us up in a hotel which gave us an extra day in Barcelona).

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

I will be holidaying in England

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

No, I went to Paris last year but this year US and Australia.

No plans to visit Europe in the next year or so.

As for cash, tend to use credit cards without charges and have a bank account in Oz which I keep intending to top up.

• 7 months ago

In a way

Despite article 50, the UK is still in the EU. We love the continent and have been on holidays to several countries there... loving everyone of them and the people we met.

However, in more resent years we have decided to explore GB. There is so much to see. We are members of both National Trust and English Heritage and so get our monies worth. We have had three holidays this year and am planning another in September.

Must get in more before the UK flies apart into its four nations because of Brexit.

• ...Show all comments
    • Wales will hold out for a while because the UK tax payers support their badly managed economy. However, when English economy plummets because companies leave for the EU, there will be little for luxuries like feeding the poor.

• 7 months ago

Unlikely - we've not been away on holiday in Europe for years. When we did, we used to collect coins (we were in banking) to take with us. And the last time we went, when retired, we took Euros with us.

• Jack H
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

In italy, every day's a holiday. One of my pensions is converted to euro in UK, the other is done it Italy at a set cost, not a %...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.