promotion image of download ymail app
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 8 months ago

What does a counsellor or psychologist do if you have childhood trauma due to bullying?

It was also physical bullying they used to hit me with the ball (many times) which led me to have a crooked nose. No one ever helped me. I want to try the last option and go to therapy but I don't know what I should expect. I also wanted to ask if I can have a rhinoplasty for free (I have pics of before and after being hit from which one can notice the deviation, it is a few cm deviated towards one side). I wanted to ask for the surgery since 0

1 Answer

  • 8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    The psychologist will likely start by talking to you how you felt about these incidents and how you feel now, what fears you have, what makes you uncomfortable, that sort of stuff. Then, through guided mental exercises, they will help you become mindful of your developed insecurities and learn to overcome them, as well as becoming less worried or afraid if and when you’re talking to someone and are concerned that they’ll be thinking about your nose the same way people with acne get self conscious about what other people think of their zits.

    A piece of advice: a lot of these criticisms are coming from yourself. A lot of the time people are too busy being in the moment of conversation to focus on these nuances.

    The psychologist will bring this up among many other things to change your behaviour and way of thinking and help you become more comfortable with who you are. They are very unlikely to refer you for cosmetic surgery as are they unlikely to put you on an anxiolytic.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.