Do Ukrainian Jews in general behave more like Ukrainians, Jews or German Jews or even Polish Jews?

I met a group of Ukrainian Jews descendants of German Jews, the Ashkenazim. Well, I found them very closed people even for Jews from other countries that are not Ashkenazim. They act very curious about us sometimes and sometimes they have a kind of fear we get too close. It is confusing for me. I dont know if it is... show more I met a group of Ukrainian Jews descendants of German Jews, the Ashkenazim. Well, I found them very closed people even for Jews from other countries that are not Ashkenazim. They act very curious about us sometimes and sometimes they have a kind of fear we get too close. It is confusing for me. I dont know if it is a kind of Ukrainian behavior or Ashkenazi behavior. They are suspicious about us. Maybe the Ashkenazim from Ukraine dont see the Sephardim so often. It is funny and also sad. Do Jews from Ukraine behave more like Ukrainians or Israelis in general? And the group is not Orthodox.
1 answer 1